Cars have complex parts. People often confuse the difference between similar concepts. Knowing these different component names and expertise will help you buy and sell and gain the trust of your customers.
Here, in particular, the discussion is about car bumper and bumper cover.
Let us get started.
What Is a Car Bumper?
A car bumper is a very crucial part of a car. It works as a shield in the rear and front end of the car to protect the car from mirror collision and at times prevent extreme damage.
Car bumper materials include:
- Polypropylene bumper: This one is the most frequent form of plastic that is used in bumper manufacturing as it is a thermoplastic polymer and can be shaped into anything.
- ABS or acrylonitrile butadiene styrene bumper: This is a very commonly used bumper material as it is a thermoplastic polymer. A good choice for car exterior.
- Polypropylene or pp material bumper: Another thermoplastic polymer that is stiff and extremely resistant to various kinds of solvents, acids, and bases.
- Polyurethane and PU material bumper: Polyurethane car bumper is a type of bumper that is superior to plastic, rubber, and metal bumpers, owing to its durability and strength.
- Fiberglass car bumper: This is a sturdy type of bumper and it is able to be shaped in any way it likes.
- Metal bumper: Metal rear bumpers or metal front bumpers are durable but they were mostly used in vintage cars.
- Steel bumper: Steel front bumper and steel rear bumper are upgraded forms of stock bumpers in style and design.
But mainly car bumpers are made of plastic. For Mercedes, it is injection molded semi-rigid plastic.
Talking of Nissan- classic it is Polyurethane (PUR), Reaction Injection Molding (RIM), Reinforced reaction injection molding (RRIM), Thermoset polyurethane.
Also, the importance of car bumpers is endless which will be discussed in the latter part.
What Is a Bumper Cover?
Bumper covers are another vital part of a car. A bumper cover works as a shield for bumpers as well. It is basically the extra protective layer that protects the main bumper.
Bumper covers are mostly made of polycarbonates, polypropylene, polyesters, polyurethanes, thermoplastic olefins or TPOs, fiberglass, leather, etc.
- Polycarbonates bumper cover- Polycarbonate is a frequently used bumper cover material. These plastics are sturdy, rigid, and durable.
- Polypropylene bumper cover- This is a material that is stiff and completely resistant to various acids, bases, and other solvents.
- Polyesters bumper cover- Polyester bumper covers are highly resilient and durable.
- Polyurethanes bumper cover- Polyurethanes bumper cover is a material that is superior to plastic, metal, and fibers as well.
- Thermoplastic olefins bumper cover- Thermoplastic olefins or TPOs are such a material that has high impact resistance and durability as well.
- Fiberglass bumper cover- Fibreglass bumper cover is a sturdy material and can be shaped in any way wanted.
- Leather bumper cover- Leather is another material that is used for this purpose. It is basically because of its durability and flexibility which are the most important needs of a cover.
- Fiber bumper cover- Fibre is a material that is longer than it is wider. It is used for the manufacturing of various substances. A bumper cover is one of them.
What is a front bumper cover?
Front bumper covers are the bumper covers that are taller and come with sensors.
What is a rear bumper cover?
Rear bumper covers are the bumper covers that come with light for the license plate while the front ones do not.
The Importance of Car Bumper and Bumper Cover
Here, while highlighting the importance, the difference between bumper and bumper cover will also come across. They can be differentiated on the basis of functionality, protection, materials, and availability.
Talking about car bumpers, their importance includes:
- Bumpers are substances that are mostly rigid and are designed to prevent mirror to mirror collision.
- As already mentioned in the definition, car bumpers work as a protectant and minimize damage.
- If the metals that are used in manufacturing are rigid, they can work a long way.
Next up, there are car bumper covers. Their importance includes:
- Even though bumper covers are soft, they are needed for aesthetic appeal.
- As already mentioned they work as a shield for the bumper itself.
- Even though they are made of comparatively softer material, if good quality materials are used, they can work a long way.
- Not only do they work as a protectant, good bumper covers
That is why it is important on the company’s part to look for the good quality plastic bumper manufacturer as they indirectly determine the quality of the car as preventive measures from accidents are one of the crucial demands from customers. Hence, car companies will work with only those manufacturers that suffice the need.
The importance and the need for car bumpers and car bumper covers, along with their differences have already been discussed.
Now, if companies are looking for good such manufacturers, Sunway Autoparts can be of great service. Their product ranges from lights, engine parts, body accessories including bumpers, and all other relevant car parts.
As here the concern is of the bumper, they are one of the top automotive bumper manufacturers in China working in accordance with OEM measurement. Hence, a perfect fit for car companies to hire them.